Questions about importing into FLEx

Beth Bryson Beth_Bryson at sil.org
Tue Oct 11 14:51:16 UTC 2011

There are a couple answers to this question.

1. There are some folks who have made a makeshift way of converting Elan files into the kind of XML that FLEx can import. (They might be on this list.)

2. There is a tool called SayMore that is being developed by www.palaso.org that will have the ability to read in an Elan file (assuming the tiers are set up a certain way) and then export it in the XML that FLEx can import.  The alpha versions have this capability; I'm not completely sure if the alpha is publicly available yet.

Note that at the moment neither of these brings the time alignment information into FLEx.  There are plans in the works to accomplish that, but I'm not sure of the status.  To give an indication of how important this work is to you, you can write to the FLExDevTeam <flex_devteam at sil.org> to request it.  Priorities are set based on user input.

-Beth Bryson