Technology reviews sought for Language Documentation & Conservation

Andrea L. Berez andrea.berez at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:21:15 UTC 2011

Dear list,

The top-rated online journal *Language Documentation &
Conservation<http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/>
* is currently seeking reviews of technology related to any aspect of
language documentation, conservation, and/or revitalization. This can
include *software*, *hardware*, or *workflows*.

Traditionally our technology reviews have been in written format, but we are
also open to alternative presentations including video reviews.

Previously published technology reviews are listed below; if you are
interested in reviewing another piece of technology -- or a considerably
newer version of an item listed below -- please feel free to contact me via
email (andrea.berez at hawaii.edu) or see our Submissions
Page<http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/submissions.html> for
further information.

-ANVIL: Annotation of Video and Language Data 5.0
-Audiamus 2.3
-Computerized Language Analysis (CLAN)
-Emdros: The Database Engine for Analyzed or Annotated Text
-EUDICO Linguistic Annotator (ELAN)
-Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx)
-Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx) 3.0
-Final Cut Pro
-Fontographer
-FR-2LE Digital Audio Recorder
-High Definition Video Camera HDC-HS 100P/PC and HD Writer 2.6E High
Definition Image Management/Easy Editing Software
-JVC GY-HM100U HD video camera and FFmpeg libraries
-Kirrkirr
-LexiquePro
-LEXUS
-NViVo 8
-Phon: Free Software for Phonological Transcription and Analysis
-Phonology Assistant 3.0.1
-Transana 2.30
-Transcribe!
-TshwaneLex Dictionary Compilation Software
-TypeCraft
-WordSmith Tools

Many thanks,
Andrea Berez

--
Andrea L. Berez
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics