Using Transcriber with OS 10.7.1

Tom Honeyman t.honeyman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 05:06:16 UTC 2011

FYI:

Using crossover on OS X 10.5.8, I found I could use the windows
version of transcriber 1.5.1. I imagine it will also work via
crossover on Lion. TranscriberAG did not work for me - both in
crossover using the windows version or the mac version that supposedly
works in 10.5.

That said, I think it'd better to invest the time learning the new
transcription method in ELAN 4.1.x... at least this software has
regular support, time and money invested in it. I know there are some
diehard transcriber fans out there, but the old version is going the
way of the dinosaurs.

-tom