[RNLD: ] Toolbox and crossover

Nick Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Tue Apr 24 21:31:54 UTC 2012

For those using Crossover to run Toolbox on a Mac: I upgraded to
Crossover 11 and found that my Toolbox windows were scrambled, with no
field markers displayed and weird format errors (none of which was
present in the data file itself).

I reinstalled Crossover 10.1.1 and Toolbox works again. Others on the
Toolbox list have reported a similar experience.

Alternatives to Crossover (that also do not require you to buy Windows) are:
Virtual Box and Wine, see Mark Post's message:
https://groups.google.com/group/shoeboxtoolbox-field-linguists-toolbox/browse_thread/thread/dda88ad9fd27298a

I have installed Wine and it seems to run fine on a Mac under 10.6.8.

Nick

(Thanks to Josh on the Toolbox list for infor about Virtual Box)