Fwd: Call for Proposals: Fellowships for Eastern Himalayan Research

Lila San Roque lila.san.roque at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 10:15:52 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Subject: Call for Proposals: Fellowships for Eastern Himalayan Research
To: TIBETO-BURMAN-LINGUISTICS at listserv.linguistlist.org

(with apologies for cross postings)

The Committee for Eastern Himalayan Ethnographic and Anthropological
Linguistic Research is pleased to announce the availability of funds to
support ethnographic or anthropological linguistic research in the eastern
Himalaya, beginning in 2012. Three fellowships, of up to US $10,000 each,
are being made available by the Firebird Foundation in order to further
research on unknown or relatively undescribed languages and cultures in the
eastern Himalaya.

To apply, send a proposal and budget (of up to five pages) to
gwendolyn.hyslop at anu.edu.au. Two letters of recommendation, which are
optional, should be sent separately. At present there is no deadline;
applications will be reviewed as they are received. However, if we receive
a large number of applications, we may opt to review proposals quarterly.
The three fellowships are intended to be used in 2012 and/or 2013.

For further questions, contact Gwendolyn Hyslop at
gwendolyn.hyslop at anu.edu.au****