[RNLD] Fwd: Endangered Languages Project seeks volunteers

Lila San Roque lila.san.roque at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 18 09:23:39 UTC 2012

Source: http://linguistlist.org/issues/23/23-3092.html

The Endangered Languages Project seeks volunteer linguistic interns
to help identify existing endangered language documentation on
YouTube. Working with the Endangered Language Project team at
Google, volunteers will review videos that are believed to include
endangered language documentation and potentially reach out to
video owners to suggest better metadata practices and participation in
the Endangered Languages Project.

With your help and video owners’ participation in this project, we will be
able to organize valuable linguistic information, and vastly improve the
quality and quantity of our corpus of threatened languages.

Interns should be linguistically trained, tech savvy, and have
broadband Internet access, and most of all, be energized to help
increase the global community’s knowledge about the world's
endangered languages! For more information, follow this link:
www.endangeredlanguages.com. Interested applicants should
complete this short form by August 1st, 2012 to be considered:

https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?
formkey=dFpxdkx6V3BsT1p5SE9tdGMxSEpYNGc6MQ

If you have specific questions about this volunteering opportunity
please send an email to

elp-volunteerfaq AT google.com