[RNLD] Fwd: Launch of "Mogwi Dhan Indigenous Linguists Network" at www.fliln.net.au

Margaret Florey mflorey at RNLD.ORG
Thu Jul 26 08:26:09 UTC 2012

Dear RNLDers,

Please see the announcement below from Daryn McKenny about Mogwi Dhan
Indigenous Linguists Network. This is an exciting new initiative and RNLD
is very pleased to be a supporter of this network. We encourage you to take
a look at this web site and to let people know about it.

all the best,
Margaret

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daryn McKenny <daryn at acra.org.au>
Date: 26 July 2012 18:09
Subject: Launch of "Mogwi Dhan Indigenous Linguists Network" at
www.fliln.net.au
To: Margaret Florey <mflorey at rnld.org>

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to let you know of a new website and mailing list which
has been created to support the Mogwi Dhan Indigenous Linguists Network
which was formed in Brisbane, Australia at the Puliima 2011 National
Indigenous Language & Technology Conference.

For more details please visit the website at www.fliln.net.au

Here you can subscribe to the mailing list and become directly involved
with the network.

Here is an extract from the home page:

*Mogwi Dhan Indigenous Linguists Network is a newly launched informal
network comprised of people from Indigenous nations all over.*

*Initially it consists of a subscribtion based email list network. By
subscribing to the [Mogwi Dhan] email list you will then be able to
participate in conversations via your email client.*

*As the list grows we hope that members will come with all sorts of skills
to be able to contribute supporting one another and helping the network
grow.*

*So if you have an interest in linguistics and our first languages, please
join by subscribing to the mailing list, we especially encourage people
from the following areas to join:*

   - *Indigenous Linguists and/or Community Linguists*
   - *Indigenous Teachers*
   - *Language Workers*
   - *Language Activists*
   - *Language Researchers*
   - *Language Teachers*
   - *Indigenous Students*

*Subscriptions to this list are open to Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islanders
and Indigenous people who are either involved or have an interest in
linguistics of traditional languages.*
*
*
*PLEASE FORWARD THROUGHOUT YOUR NETWORKS*
*
*
*Regards
*
*Daryn McKenny
**
Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. Trading as:
Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre

P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E |daryn at acra.org.au  W |
www.miromaa.org.au
SKYPE | darynmck

*P* *Please consider the environment before printing this email

*The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy of
individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The
contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or
persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not
named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete
this email and advise the sender accordingly.*

--
Dr Margaret Florey
Co-Director and Senior Linguist

ph: +61 (03) 9041-5474 (office)