[RNLD] handwriting recognition software?

Bill Poser billposer2 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 10 18:42:43 UTC 2012

As Claire says, I've never heard of handwriting recognition software that
is likely to be at all reliable for a language it hasn't been trained on. I
also suggest having it transcribed by two different human transcribers. You
then run a comparison of the two versions (after appropriate normalization
so that you don't detect things like different line breaks), which will
give you a large percentage of transcription errors. This is the technique
used by large-scale digitization projects.