[RNLD: ] re: Video editing software

Stephen Morey S.Morey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Thu May 3 06:05:59 UTC 2012

Dear RNLD list members,

Can anyone advise the best video editing software to edit large video files. Last year I purchased a new video camera, the JVC GY HM 100E. The JVC produces .mp4 files, which are large in size. I had purchased an edition of Adobe Premiere back in 2007 but it is unable to read these files so I need to update to something newer.

Can anyone advise me on whether Adobe Premiere is the best software to get for video editing, or is there another better product? I want to be able to edit video, add titles, captions &c. I use a Windows computer and was able to operate the 2007 version of Adobe Premiere. It would be good not to have to learn something completely new.

Thanks to all

Stephen

Stephen Morey
Centre for Research on Language Diversity
La Trobe University