[RNLD] export to lexiquepro

Bill Palmer Bill.Palmer at NEWCASTLE.EDU.AU
Wed Oct 31 22:45:28 UTC 2012

Thanks very much Peter. I'll give it a try.

cheers
Bill

Dr Bill Palmer
Deputy Head of School - Research
School of Humanities and Social Science
Convenor, Endangered Languages Documentation,
    Theory and Application Research Group
Linguistics Research Higher Degree/Honours coordinator
HSS
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
Australia
email bill.palmer at newcastle.edu.au
>>> Peter Austin <pa2 at soas.ac.uk> 31/10/12 7:22 PM >>>
Bill

Like skinning a cat, there is more than one way to do this. Here is one
suggestion.

Lexique Pro, like Toolbox works by having flags (backslash codes) to
delimit data fields so you need to add these as columns to your spreadsheet
to the left of each data field. Create empty columns before each and every
field (column), insert the relevant flag, eg. \lx before headwords, \ps
before part of speech column etc. Export the lot as a tab delimited file
then use a text editor to insert paragraph marks before each flag
(backslash code) and change the tabs to a space.

You need to add a specification at the top of the file to tell Toolbox or
Lexique Pro it is a lexicon and then you should be able to open it with
that software.

Best
Peter

--
Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics

web: http://www.hrelp.org/aboutus/staff/index.php?cd=pa