[RNLD] Now accepting full-length technology articles at journal Language Documentation & Conservation

Andrea L. Berez andrea.berez at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 15 02:26:15 UTC 2012

Dear List (with apologies for cross posting),

I am writing to announce the journal *Language Documentation & Conservation*'s
new policy for accepting *full-length articles on technological issues in
language documentation and conservation*. Until now we have mainly
published reviews of software in our technology section, but we are now
inviting articles on technology as it applies more broadly to our field.

The electronic format of *LD&C* means that articles can be published *more
quickly* than a traditional journal, allowing cutting-edge discussions to
take place before the technology becomes out-of-date.

Possible topics include:
• Technological standards for language documentation and conservation
 • Methods/Work-flows for processing language data, both in the field and
out of the field
 • Comparisons of equipment in different environments
 • Thoughtful suggestions for future directions for tech standards
 • Etc.

Technology articles will receive full peer review, and should be written
with an eye to making a* substantial new or timely contribution to the field
*.

Instructions for submitting articles can be found here:
http://www.nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/submissions.html

---

And as always, we are eager to accept *technology reviews* related to any
aspect of language documentation, conservation, and/or revitalization. This
can include software and hardware. Traditionally our technology reviews
have been in written format, but we are also open to alternative
presentations including video reviews.

Previously published technology reviews are listed below; if you are
interested in reviewing another piece of technology -- or a considerably
newer version of an item listed below -- please feel free to contact me via
email (andrea.berez at hawaii.edu) or see our Submissions
Page<http://www.nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/submissions.html> for
further information.

-ANVIL: Annotation of Video and Language Data 5.0
-Audiamus 2.3
-Computerized Language Analysis (CLAN)
-Emdros: The Database Engine for Analyzed or Annotated Text
-EUDICO Linguistic Annotator (ELAN)
-Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx)
-Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx) 3.0
-Final Cut Pro
-Fontographer
-FR-2LE Digital Audio Recorder
-High Definition Video Camera HDC-HS 100P/PC and HD Writer 2.6E High
Definition Image Management/Easy Editing Software
-InqScribe
-JVC GY-HM100U HD video camera and FFmpeg libraries
-Kirrkirr
-LexiquePro
-LEXUS
-NViVo 8
-Phon: Free Software for Phonological Transcription and Analysis
-Phonology Assistant 3.0.1
-Transana 2.30
-Transcribe!
-TshwaneLex Dictionary Compilation Software
-TypeCraft
-WeSay
-WordSmith Tools
-Wunderkammer

--
Andrea L. Berez
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics