[RNLD] appointment of DRIL Co-Director

Margaret Florey mflorey at RNLD.ORG
Wed Sep 19 10:04:32 UTC 2012

Dear RNLDers,

We are very pleased to announce that Donna McLaren will join RNLD in late
October in the new position of Indigenous Co-Director of the DRIL Training
Program.

Donna is an Aboriginal woman of Gamilaraay descent from NSW. She currently
holds the position of Development Officer, Aboriginal Languages and
Perspectives, with the NSW Curriculum and Learning Innovation Centre. Donna
holds a Master of Indigenous Languages Education (U. Sydney 2009) and a
Masters of Education (U. Technology, Sydney 2008) and is enrolled in a
Doctorate of Education at the University of Sydney. She is actively
involved in Gamilaraay language reclamation and participated in RNLD's
train-the-trainer Master Apprentice workshop in Alice Springs in March.

We are looking forward to Donna joining the RNLD team and spending time
with the wider RNLD community as she begins to take part in training
workshops and in RNLD's other activities.

best wishes,

Margaret

--
Dr Margaret Florey