[RNLD] Fwd: Community Linguist Award is up on the website! Please publicize.

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 17 17:14:53 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!

The LSA has just announced a new award for what we're calling Community
Linguists, meaning members of (usually) endangered language communities who
do outstanding work for their languages, either as a native speaker
consultant working with a linguist or as a community member working on
revitalization of their language.  Several people on the ILAT list have
been involved in getting this award set up and approved, and we would love
to see a bunch of good nominations come in.  The call for nominations is at:

http://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/call-nominations-excellence-community-linguistics-award

More information about what groups of people are intended for this, as well
as about how to nominate someone, is available there. You can also email me
if your question isn't answered on the site.

If you work with an outstanding person of one of these groups, please check
on this new opportunity to recognize their work.  If you know someone who
works with a potential nominee, please let them know about it.

All the best,

Claire