[RNLD] RNLD newsletter and end of year message

Margaret Florey mflorey at RNLD.ORG
Wed Dec 18 03:27:47 UTC 2013

Dear members,

Here we are at the end of another very successful and exciting year for
RNLD. This year, our training team ran 25 Documenting and Revitalising
Indigenous Languages training workshops in the Northern Territory, South
Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, and Western Australia. Since we
began running DRIL workshops, 261 people have enrolled in the training
program across 22 training sites. We are proud to able to say that we have
supported a total of 75 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages
through our work, and we are excited to see the range of language programs
that are running in the different locations.

We're closing the year with our Spring 2013
Newsletter<http://www.rnld.org/newsletter>,
which has highlights from recent workshops held in Mt Gambier and Ceduna in
South Australia, Port Hedland, Halls Creek and Kununurra in Western
Australia, and Batchelor and Jabiru in the Northern Territory.

We thank you for all that you are doing to strengthen Indigenous languages,
share your knowledge and information, and continue to build the
international network of language maintenance practitioners. More and more,
we see media coverage of Indigenous languages swinging towards good news
stories.

Our office will close from Friday 20 December until Monday 6 January to
give us all a chance to relax and recharge for the year ahead. We wish you
all a very happy new year and look forward to working with you again in
2014.

best wishes,

Margaret Florey and the RNLD team

--