[RNLD] update and news about Miromaa software

Margaret Florey mflorey at RNLD.ORG
Thu Feb 21 20:41:58 UTC 2013

Dear RNLDers,

Please see Daryn McKenny's update and news below about the Miromaa software.

From: miromaa <miromaa at acra.org.au>
Date: 21 February 2013 13:19
Subject: Miromaa in 2013 - Important Update with lots of News

Hi Everyone,****

** **

Well it certainly has been a long time between emails, hopefully that is
not a bad thing. ****

** **

So far from being quiet we have been crazily busy, the Miromaa Language
Application continues to exceed all of our expectations with our uptake of
users from all around Australia and the world. It truly is amazing seeing a
community developed grass roots application from a language program just
like yours be in a position to help other people, whether in Australia or
Globally in using something that you have created. We thank you for your
continued faith, encouragement and support in continuing to provide
community based language tools.****

** **

On to the News:****

** **

*Latest Version*: ****

** **

We are now up to 3.3.12 so please update to the latest if you haven’t
already done so, click on Help and check for updates. Lots of changes, some
notable ones are fixes to Toolbox import with thanks to Kunut from Mirima
Dawang Woorlab-gerring Language and Culture Centre in Kununurra Northern
Territory. Also more control with the Multimedia area, and you can now have
multiple digital attachments to your language sources. These are just a
small sample, the full detailed list of additions and fixes can be read in
the options area.****

*iOS Device Apps:*

We have quietly been adding features to Miromaa to enable you to export
your language data to a format which could possibly be uploaded in to your
very own app ready for the Apple Store.  Our first app has been developed
in conjunction with the Wadawurrung Community and the Victorian Aboriginal
Corporation for Languages(VACL), we are hoping that it will be released
soon, in the meantime please view a demonstration of the app via  YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q37BWTqD47k****

Please let us know if you would be interested in your own.****

** **

The concept behind this is to have your very own iMiromaa working with the
desktop version to produce your own app with minimal cost.****

*Support Changes:*

We have recently updated our capacity to provide you with the best support
options possible, please visit our new support page at
http://www.miromaa.org.au/Miromaa/Miromaa-Support.html to read about how we
are utilising the TeamViewer range of products. We combine this with either
a phone call or utilise Skype and it will be just like we are in front of
your computer.  We have successfully been trialling this with communities
around Australia including the Torres Strait Islands and overseas.
Personalised online training or support is here.****

*ICLDC Conference in Hawaii:*

The Miromaa Team, including staff will be attending the upcoming conference
in Hawaii from the 28th February, so we would love to meet you and say
G’day if you are there as well.****

** **

*Miromaa Version 4:*

** **

We are slowly plugging away rebuilding Miromaa to a brand new version with
even more features and capacity, here is a small example of what is coming:
better font/character handling, multimedia features, combining of
databases, iMiromaa features, faster, network features, localisation for
your own language, Windows 8, plus heaps more. We hope that some of these
features will benefit you directly.****

** **

Take care everyone, if there is anything we can do, answer any question,
give you any tips or training on using Miromaa or any associated program
just ask, we will be glad to help.****

** **

** **

*Regards*****

 ****

*Daryn McKenny***

* *

*Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. Trading as:*

*Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre*

* *

*P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E | **daryn at acra.org.au    W |
www.miromaa.org.au <http://www.acra.org.au/>***

P* * Please consider the environment before printing this email****

 ****

*The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy of
individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The
contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or
persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not
named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete
this email and advise the sender accordingly.*****

** **

** **

--