[RNLD] summary: best learner's grammars

Piers Kelly piers.kelly at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 23 03:11:44 UTC 2013

Hi all,
Many thanks for sharing your favourite learner's grammars.
Here is the list:

Amery, Rob & Jane Simpson (in press) *Kulurdu Marni Ngathaitya! Sounds Good
to me! A Kaurna Learner’s Guide.* Kaurna Warra Pintyandi in association
with Wakefield Press, Kent Town.

Ashton, E. O. 1989. *Swahili Grammar.* Longman.

Blythe, J. *Yuwurriyangem Kijam (our Language Kija): a Phrasebook of the
Kija Language*. Halls Creek: Kimberley Language Resource Centre.
Wightwick and Gaafar, Mastering Arabic (various editions.
http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Arabic-Audio-CDs-Hippocrene/dp/0781812380

MacLean, Edna A. 1987. *North Slope Inupiaq Grammar: 1st Year.* Alaska
Native Language Center (ANLC).

Simpson, Jane. *A Learner's Guide to Warumungu *

Wilson, Peter M. 2001. *Simplified Swahili (Longman Language Texts).*Longman.

If you have any more, I'd love to hear about them – but please reply to the
whole list!

Piers