[RNLD] Mirima Linguistic Forum this Thursday

KJ Olawsky info at MIRIMA.ORG.AU
Tue May 7 23:37:44 UTC 2013

Dear RNLD-ers

If anyone happens to be in the area - please join us!

Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring, Language and Culture Centre (MDWg), is happy
to announce its 5th Linguistic Forum to take place on Thursday, 9th May at
2pm. The forum will be held at Mirima Language Centre, Kununurra.

Our speaker will be

Theresa Herz, University of Marburg (Germany)

who will be presenting on the topic

Miriwoong adverbs

The Mirima Linguistic Forum is an initiative by MDWg to bring together
people with an academic interest in Indigenous studies. While our focus is
on language and culture, ideally with a reference to local Indigenous
matters, we welcome contributions on related topics. Presentations occur in
an informal and relaxed atmosphere and we leave plenty of time for
discussion and exchange. The forum is open to all; if you happen to be in
the Kununurra area and would like to present on a topic of interest - please
let us know: info at mirima.org.au.

Dr. Knut J. Olawsky

Senior Linguist/Manager

Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring Language and Culture Centre

P.O. Box 2420

Kununurra, WA 6743

Phone: (08) 9169 1029

Fax: (08) 9168 2639