[RNLD] [BLiP] Next meeting: Wed, 25 September, 7pm

Felicity Meakins f.meakins at UQ.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 18 04:15:18 UTC 2013

Hello all,

The next meeting of the Brisbane Linguistics in the Pub (BLiP) will take place on Wednesday, 25 September 2013, at 7pm.

Venue is, as usual, at the Brisbane German Club, 416 Vulture St, Woolloongabba QLD 4102.

The session will be moderated by Todd Allen, a PhD student at UQ, and the topic is "Negotiating boundaries in talk". The reading for this session is: Hayasbi, Makoto, & Yoon, Kyung-eun. (2009). Negotiating boundaries in talk. Conversation analysis: Comparative perspectives 27: 250. Please email me (Lochlan, not Felicity) to get a copy (l.morrissey at griffith.edu.au).

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

If any of you would like to moderate a session in the coming months, please let me and/or Andrea Schalley know by return email. Please also let us know which month would be good for you. BLiP takes place on the last Wednesday of every month.

Cheers!

Lochlan Morrissey
PhD candidate
School of Languages and Linguistics