[RNLD] mpg and wav editing freeware

Bill Poser billposer2 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 11 00:47:48 UTC 2014

It might help to know the purpose for which you are cutting files up. If
you already have cut points determined in some other way (say from doing
alignment), the most efficient way to cut out segments of an audio file is
probably by using the command-line utility sox ("the swiss army knife of
audio") which is available for most platforms. Web site:

http://sox.sourceforge.net/

If you are doing something like cutting a file up so that you have one word
per file, one sentence per file, or one song per file, there are
specialized programs that do this more efficiently than general purpose
audio editors.