[RNLD] Project manager for Ngalakgan Digitisation Project - Expressions of interest sought

Gregory Dickson munanga at BIGPOND.COM
Wed Apr 23 05:46:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,

See email below from the Ngukurr Language Centre for an exciting opportunity for some very interesting work on a major endangered language project.

Regards,
Greg.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ngukurr Language Centre <ngukurrlanguagecentre at gmail.com>
Subject: Project manager for Ngalakgan Digitisation Project - Expressions of interest sought
Dear all,

The Ngukurr Language Centre is seeking expressions of interest for an individual or organisation to manage for an exciting project we have recently received funding for: to develop a user-friendly digital archive for the endangered Ngalakgan language.

This is a significant project and a great opportunity to contribute to the resourcing and revitalisation of a unique and endangered language and to develop the capacity of our young organisation. We have funding of up to $40,000 to put towards the delivery of this project. We have proposed a project structure that would suit a wide range of interested parties:

•	The position does not require relocation and only minimal/optional travel

•	The project can be undertaken on a full-time or part-time basis (although needs to commence as soon as possible)

•	It would suit recent linguistics graduates with strong IT capabilities or professionals seeking part-time or casual work

•	It also suits people who have the capacity to deliver the project while working from home

Please peruse the attached information and contact the Ngukurr Language Centre with any enquiries on 08 8977 4225 or ngukurrlanguagecentre at gmail.com

We are working on quite an urgent timeframe and request that interested parties make initial contact by Monday April 28 and submit an expression of interest by Friday May 2.

Jahbony

(‘That’s all’ in Ngalakgan)

Brighde Collins
Interim Coordinator

Ngukurr Language Centre Aboriginal Corporation (ICN: 7515)
Lot 399 Ngukurr NT / CMB 6, Ngukurr NT 0852
Ph: 08 8977 4225

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Skype: ngukurrlc