[RNLD] Making unicode fonts work on android phones

Stephen Morey S.Morey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 6 05:14:31 UTC 2014

Dear RNLD members,

I have recently made a Tai Ahom Unicode font (with the help of Martin Hosken of SIL) and Last week uploaded it for use by community members in India on facebook and in emails.

Several questions have come up which I can't answer subsequent to this.

1) Some people can get the font to work in Mozilla (by making the Ahom Unicode font the default font) but not on Chrome, which it seems people in India use. Does anyone know how to get it to work on Chrome

2) People are asking me how to get the font to work on an android phone, which many people there use but I do not yet. Does anyone know how to install a font into an Android font, as well as a keyboard, so that it can be used? The keyboard I have made is done with the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and is a microsoft type keyboard.

Stephen