[RNLD] Survey: "Music Vitality and Endangerment"

Catherine Grant catherine.grant at NEWCASTLE.EDU.AU
Fri Aug 8 07:50:07 UTC 2014

Dear RNLD list colleagues,

I’m posting this message in the knowledge that many of you engage closely with the music and music-makers of the communities you work with, or collaborate with others who do.

I would like to warmly invite you to participate in a questionnaire on 'music vitality and endangerment’, loosely based on the Linguistic Vitality and Diversity Survey UNESCO carried out a few years ago.

The questionnaire asks your perspectives on the level of endangerment (or vitality) of a music genre of your choice.​ More information and the survey itself can be found here:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1629148/Music-Vitality-and-Endangerment

This research is part of my postdoctoral project at the University of Newcastle, Australia. ​The project aims to assess the usefulness of a survey instrument to assess music vitality and viability, and to help build a picture of the strength of the specific genres represented.​​

I would be most grateful if you would consider passing on this invitation to any colleagues who work in the area of music.

The survey will be open for the next 8-10 weeks.​ For more information, please contact the researcher, Dr Catherine Grant (catherine.grant at newcastle.edu.au<mailto:catherine.grant at newcastle.edu.au>).

Many thanks,

Catherine Grant

Dr Catherine Grant,
Postdoctoral Researcher
Author: Music Endangerment: How Language Maintenance Can Hel<http://global.oup.com/academic/product/music-endangerment-9780199352180?cc=au&lang=en>p (OUP, June 2014)
School of Creative Arts, Faculty of Education and Arts
The University of Newcastle (UoN)
T: +61 2 4921 5838