[RNLD] 'Reclaiming lost language' (State Library Queensland)

Felicity Meakins f.meakins at UQ.EDU.AU
Tue Feb 11 00:51:49 UTC 2014

[eflyer-external-orange]<http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/whats-on/calevents/livestreams/reclaiming-lost-language>

Reclaiming lost language
Wed 26 Feb, 6pm | SLQ Gallery, State Library of Queensland | Free

[interview pic]<http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/whats-on/calevents/livestreams/reclaiming-lost-language>
Language allows us to share stories about who we are, our culture and our identity. When language is lost, we lose much more than words, we lose our ability to connect across generations.
With three quarters of Aboriginal languages already lost, digital technologies are providing communities with new opportunities to share and revitalise Australia’s original languages.
Join us for a panel discussion<http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/whats-on/calevents/livestreams/reclaiming-lost-language> exploring how these technologies are being used to maintain, revitalise and bring to life lost languages for future generations of Australians.
With special guests:
Rory O'Connor, Director, Yugambeh Museum, Language and Heritage Research Centre
Des Crump, Indigenous Languages Researcher, Queensland Memory, State Library of Queensland
Ruth Ghee, Language Worker and Cultural Consultant

For bookings, please visitslq.eventbrite.com<http://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/talk-reclaiming-lost-language-tickets-9194893173> or phone Events on 3840 7768.

This event is part of Our Dreaming: animating country.<http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/our-dreaming>