[RNLD]

Peter Austin pa2 at SOAS.AC.UK
Thu Feb 13 07:29:25 UTC 2014

Yugambal is NOT the same language as Yugambe. Phil Winzer has been in touch
with me too as I met some of his relatives in the 1970s who knew a few
words of their ancestral language, which seems to have been Yugambal,
however the songs are from the 1960s and I think it would be extremely
difficult to transcribe them on the basis of what else survives of the
language.

Anyone is welcome to give it a go however.

Peter

--
Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics

web: http://www.hrelp.org/aboutus/staff/index.php?cd=pa