[RNLD]

Susan Ford susan.ford at ANU.EDU.AU
Thu Jan 2 13:26:14 UTC 2014

We are now calling for papers to be presented at this years's Aboriginal Languages Workshop (ALW) at Kioloa, from 7-9 March 2014.

Please include your name(s), title of paper, and an abstract of less than a page, as well as your choice of time length
(20, 30 or 40 mins - each including discussion time, with Poster presentation a further option).

Three workshops will be held in association with ALW:

Workshop: 'Grammatical aspects of language contact since colonisation':in Canberra pre-ALW
(a one-and-a-half day slot Wednesday - Friday 5/6/7 March 2014 - exact timing to be confirmed).
 Organisers: Felicity Meakins and Carmel O’Shannessy. Papers solicited.

Workshop:  'Muffled voices from the archives: A crossdisciplinary workshop on restoring Aboriginal words
and meanings in historical sources. Organisers: Patrick McConvell, Piers Kelly, Helen Gardner, Harold Koch.  Papers solicited.

Demonstration Workshop: Living Archive of Aboriginal Languages (probably 6 March 2014): Organiser: Cathy Bow

Please state if you would like the paper to be considered for  the McConvell et al workshop, or the Meakins/O’Shannessy workshop as well.

Please also fill out the attached preregistration form so we can plan accommodation / catering bookings. We need to know:

(a) who's coming (you, partner etc.)
(b) if you are OK with shared rooming arrangements (some rooms are bunk-rooms)
(c) which nights you will need accommodation for (Friday and Saturday is the default if staying for whole of ALW)
(d) if you need to book bedding (sheets, blankets etc.) at a small extra charge (otherwise bring your own)

These numbers are to help us work out costs; once we have done this we will get out a more formal call for registration.

Please email abstracts and preregistration forms to alw13 at anu.edu.au

Deadline: Jan 18, 2014

Nick Evans and Jane Simpson, ANU conveners