[RNLD] Language Help for the NCE

Stephen Logan stephen.logan at UON.EDU.AU
Fri Jan 10 10:11:37 UTC 2014

Hi All

I have no experience at all with Australian languages. However, taking into account what Margaret says, maybe a verb form with a positive meaning like 'care for', 'nuture' or 'protect' would work, or a phrase based around a similar verb?

Best

Stephen Logan
PhD Candidate
ELDTA Research Group
University of Newcastle, Australia
Ph: +61 (0) 449155335

________________________________
From: Maïa Ponsonnet <maia.ponsonnet at hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2014 5:56 PM
To: Sid De
Cc: r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au
Subject: RE: [RNLD] Language Help for the NCE

Hi,
Regarding words for change and transformation.
Having worked on linguistic descriptions of knowledge and emotions in the Dalabon language (south-western Arnhem Land), I have observed that change has poor semantic associations such as tantrum and being capricious, arguments and breaking off emotionally from relatives. It may not be the same in other Austrlaian languages though...
Cheers,
Maïa