[RNLD] Adnyamathanha word for 'spirit'

Dorothea Hoffmann hoffmann.dorothea at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 16 17:03:33 UTC 2014

Dear RNLDers,

I am writing to you with a quick question of a friend of mine. She writes
novels and is currently on the lookout for the following:

I am currently working on a novel set in the South Australian Flinders
Ranges and one of my secondary characters is an aboriginal woman of the
Adnyamathanha or rock people of that region. I need a word she might use to
describe a white man's "aura" or "spirit" or "essence of personality".
Basically that he has good karma as we would say.

Could any of you help her with that? I could not find any dictionary
resources for the language online, but you may know more than me?

Thanks so much already!

Dorothea
Dr. Dorothea Hoffmann

Postdoctoral Fellow
The University of Chicago
Department of Linguistics
Classics 414

https://sites.google.com/site/hoffmanndorothea/<https://xmail.uchicago.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=1XJDzfSBmUKAO70oIV4KmwoUx5Jh5tAI-1r-dERg2PmHcKRdfAC5idPcry4y5UGkeZ4U8mmQ5vw.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fsites.google.com%2fsite%2fhoffmanndorothea%2f>
--
Dorothea Hoffmann
https://sites.google.com/site/hoffmanndorothea/