[RNLD] Linguistics in the pub: Crowd Sourcing 10th June 2014

Blake Paul Kendall blakekendall at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 4 01:49:46 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Yes, as Dorothea noted, I recently completed a successful crowd funding
campaign for The Penan Children's Book. I campaigned for $19.5K in 1 month.
In honesty, this was a huge undertaking, and a process that requires
constant work, however the reality was that we have been able to fund our
project, and at the same time attract a large amount of media for the
opening of awareness and discussion about Language Preservation in general.
(Link to 'The Penan Children's Book' Facebook page to see the many articles
posted throughout the campaign: https://www.facebook.com/penanchildrensbook)

Unfortunately, I too won't be able to attend the meeting in Sydney, as
recently I moved to Arrernte country (Alice Springs), to work on language
and culture archives with a healing centre up here.

However, I would be willing to assist anyone in the future with discussions
about crowd funding as a platform.

I do a lot of freelance filming in the area tooŠ So if anyone has a project
that they are looking to Crowd Fund and would like to bring me on to direct
a trailer film (and map out a CF plan), that is indeed possible.

(If anyone is in Alice Springs- it would be great to meet up, and as
suggested by Ruth, have a sit down and a yarn about current projects in the
field.)

Cheers All,

Blake-Paul Kendall- Storyteller, Artist & Explorer
TABLETOP STUDIO COLLECTIVE
+61 416 954 859
blakekendall at hotmail.com
(Based in Arrernte Country)