[RNLD] Language revitalization curatorial position at Smithsonian

Randy LaPolla randy.lapolla at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 30 03:38:13 UTC 2014

From: Mason, Michael <MASONM at si.edu>
Date: Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Subject: Language revitalization curatorial position at Smithsonian
To: "Mason, Michael" <MASONM at si.edu>

Hello,
The Smithsonian’s Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage is hiring a curator in language revitalization, and as the Center’s director I would like you to share this opportunity with your colleagues and within your networks. At the Center, we are implementing a new strategic plan (attached), and our primary strategic goals include promoting cultural sustainability and vitality. I see this curator’s work on community-based language revitalization as a key piece of the Center’s future, and I think this curator will be a leader within the Center and in the field. In addition to carrying out independent research and revitalization efforts, the curator would work closely with colleagues around the Smithsonian on the Smithsonian-wide Recovering Voices initiative, coordinating this ongoing initiative. I have attached the position description for the open curatorial position to this email, and I hope you will share this information to help us in our search.

The job announcement with all the details can be found here:https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/365526300

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Michael Atwood Mason, Ph.D.

Director
Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION
PO Box 37012 MRC 520
Washington, DC 20013-7012
masonm at si.edu