[RNLD] SPECIAL OFFER: Your Own Copy of The Penan Children's Book

Blake Paul Kendall blakekendall at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 1 02:16:21 UTC 2014

To all RNLDers,

I hope this finds you well. As many of you may now know, one of the latest
resources for the Penan of Borneo, is the new Children's Book in language-
'Apo Uleu' ('Our Sago').

It is the story of 5 Penan children, who are taken on a journey into the
jungle by their grandparents, as they learn how to collect and make sago, a
traditional food of the Penan. This is a contemporary story, that in it's
own right is the depiction of knowledge exchange, and excitingly will be one
of the first resources in Penan language.

Right now we are Crowd Funding, in a direct attempt to cover the costs of
printing and distributing the books to every Penan child. You can help by
making a donation here: http://pozi.be/penan

However, today I wanted to extend an additional offer to the RNLD community.

First and foremost the book is for the Penan community as a process of
preservation and engaging the next generation with language. However, there
will also be a smaller print run of Penan and English text, which can be
accessed by individuals, communities or organisations working in the field.
This can be used as an example within your own community, but also to be
able to create the exchange of other communities facing the loss of their
own language and culture to have the insight into the stories of others.

SPECIAL OFFER: For all RNLD community, you can pre-purchase a copy of 'Apo
Uleu' ('Our Sago') in Penan/ English. By purchasing the book, you will not
only receive the copy for yourself, but you will also be playing a role in
helping to get these books to the Penan children.

To purchase your copy, go to the Crowd Funding site (http://pozi.be/penan)
and make a pledge for $60 (plus postage).

The book is available to purchase only until the 11th May, 2014. (Available
until the Crowd Funding Campaign finishes. NB: If we don't hit the full
amount, we receive nothing and the books will not be able to be printed.)

Exert from 'Apo Uleu' ('Our Sago').

So please purchase your copy of 'Apo Uleu' today, and support this project
that is one step in preserving language and culture for the next generation
of the Penan.

(NB: If there are other indigenous communities, or people working in the
field who want to purchase the book and support the project, please share
this with them. The offer is for anyone using the book as a resource).

Don't hesitate to contact me for more information,

Sincerely,

Blake-Paul Kendall- Storyteller, Artist & Explorer
TABLETOP STUDIO COLLECTIVE
+61 416 954 859
blakekendall at hotmail.com
ABN: 42 897 754 205

www.blakepaulkendall.com <http://www.blakepaulkendall.com> /

Crowd Funding for the Penan Children's Book:
http://pozi.be/penan
(10 DAYS TO GO!)