[RNLD] re: Problems with playback of video files

Stephen Morey S.Morey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Mon May 12 03:45:13 UTC 2014

Dear RNLD list,

Last week I purchased a Zoom Q4 camcorder so that members of the community could use it in the field.

The recorder creates .mov files.

When playing back the test recordings, the video and audio do not play back in synchrony on either of KM Player or VLC media player. On KM player, the video plays back at about half the speed of the sound, on VLC the video didn't play at all, just a fixed frame and when I tried with Quick Time Player the whole computer froze for 10 minutes.

So what is the best solution for being able to replay recordings properly?

Stephen

Stephen Morey
Australian Research Council Future Fellow
Centre for Research on Language Diversity
La Trobe University
Website: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/humanities/about/staff/profile?uname=SMorey<http://www.latrobe.edu.au/rclt/StaffPages/morey.htm>