[RNLD] re: Appearance of unwelcome links on webpages

Cindy Schneider cschnei3 at UNE.EDU.AU
Mon May 12 07:55:56 UTC 2014

Hi Stephen
It sounds like a virus to me! I had a similar problem last year after I downloaded Audacity from a bogus website. I resolved the problem with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: <https://www.malwarebytes.org/>.
Good luck!
Cindy

From: Stephen Morey <S.Morey at latrobe.edu.au<mailto:S.Morey at latrobe.edu.au>>
Date: Monday, 12 May 2014 17:51
To: "r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au<mailto:r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au>" <r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au<mailto:r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au>>
Subject: [RNLD] re: Appearance of unwelcome links on webpages

Dear RNLD members,

Today I had to download some things, and somehow I've managed to download something that is messing with my internet. On some websites, some words are coming out with double underlines and these are links to other websites, possibly viruses, but I don't know.

My Kaspersky anti-virus did not defend against this, and I have no idea how to solve this problem, except that I did have this once before ...

Stephen

Stephen Morey
Australian Research Council Future Fellow
Centre for Research on Language Diversity
La Trobe University
Website: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/humanities/about/staff/profile?uname=SMorey<http://www.latrobe.edu.au/rclt/StaffPages/morey.htm>

Language data website: http://sealang.net/assam
Dictionary websites: http://sealang.net/ahom;  http://sealang.net/singpho; http://sealang.net/phake