[RNLD] Problems with playback of video files

Hiram Ring hiram1 at E.NTU.EDU.SG
Mon May 12 14:23:27 UTC 2014

Stephen,

  I did some searching and found a website which has a few interesting comments on the Q4 (see below). In light of them and your own, you might try accessing the storage card/device through windows explorer (assuming you're on a PC) and copying the MOV files from the camera directly to your hard drive and backing them up. Then use another piece of software (MPEG Streamclip, for example) to re-code the files from MOV to an MP4 container/extension for editing and playback. Hopefully that will work better - try it with a short clip first, and if it doesn't work, experiment with a different format/extension.Hopefully the new files will be easier to play back and work with on your computer. Let me know if that helps.

Best,
Hiram

> http://kmgoto.jp/public/Q4video.html <
1. Initial Status (Windows 7)
	• ZOOM HandyShare does NOT work with Q4 video. The video freezes. It messes up video/audio synchronization if trimmed. (It still can be used for WAV audio only files.)
	• QuickTime can play this video/audio format but video freezes or plays slow.
	• Windows Media Player -- good video but no audio. It can play PCM 24bit audio in nature but only play 24bit wav file of specific header information. (It worked fine for PCM 24bit after K-lite codec pack was installed.)

Hiram Ring
PhD Student, Grammatical Description and Documentation
Nanyang Technological University
http://linguistics.hss.ntu.edu.sg

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content. Thank you.

Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary