[RNLD] Putting together multiple spreadsheets

Thiago Chacon thiago_chacon at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 15 21:36:09 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I have a lexical comparative database on Tukanoan languages a single EXCEL file, but in multiple sheets (197 in total) in the document.

I have data for 25 languages, separated in unique columns in each sheet plus a gloss column. (the columns for each language do not have a fixed location across the diferente sheets)

I want to collapse all sheets into a single one, having the gloss column to sort all other columns alphabetically. This will allow me to identify identical glosses and unify them into a single row.

Do you guys have any suggestions for how I could that? Is there something developed for similar purposes out there? I regret not being really savy in programming...

Also, since the columns for each language are not in a fixed location across the diferente sheets, I wonder if I ahev to fix that manually or the MACRO could help me with that as well.

thanks
Thiago Chacon