[RNLD] Linguistics Trivia Night! (Thursday 17th December)

Jill Vaughan jillmvaughan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 04:42:25 UTC 2015

Dear all,

On Thursday 17th December, the **SECOND ANNUAL LINGUISTICS TRIVIA NIGHT**
will be hosted by Jill and Rosey, together with the UniMelb Languages
and Linguistics Postgraduate Club, as an end-of-year get-together! Don't
worry – we won't be testing you on the finer points of optimality theory,
or asking you to define what a word is, but we will put together some fun
questions and puzzles that are broadly language-themed. Language
enthusiasts in the Melbourne area are all welcome!

Trivia will be at the University Hotel, beginning at 7pm, but we suggest
you arrive a bit before if you want to grab a bite to eat. Food and drink
are available at reasonable prices. There is no cost to participate, but
there will be a donation box at the door, and any contributions will go
towards a Zoom recorder kit to support language work by Indigenous
participants in the recent Professional Development Workshop by the Resource
Network for Linguistic Diversity <http://www.rnld.org/PDWorkshop4>. Last
year's efforts led to a Zoom which helped community work on the
Ngarrindjeri language, and we hope to be able to offer another one this
year.

There will also be some prizes on offer for the winning teams!

We'd like to get an idea of numbers in advance, so please RSVP here
<http://goo.gl/forms/848zA0RFzu> by December 10th if you'd like to attend.