[RNLD] Abstracts for Australian Languages Workshop due 14 December

Jane Simpson jansimps at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:51:27 UTC 2015

REMINDER: Abstracts due 14 December

AUSTRALIAN LANGUAGES WORKSHOP (ALW) 2016

The Australian Languages Workshop (ALW) is scheduled to take place at
the Australian National University and Kioloa, 4–6 March 2016, with
sponosrship from the ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language.
Guest speakers will include Nigel Fabb
<https://pure.strath.ac.uk/portal/en/persons/nigel-fabb(31ab3ad8-6922-45bc-b9c1-8252ad8eec18).html>
 and Rob Pensalfini <http://researchers.uq.edu.au/researcher/619>.

Call for papers

We are calling for papers on topics related to Indigenous Australian
languages and speech communities. We have room for at least one
workshop. One workshop has already been proposed:  'Verbal art in
Australian Indigenous societies ' to take place in Canberra prior to ALW
on Friday 4 March 2016 (exact scheduling to be confirmed).

Please go online HERE
<https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=364ac117f6bc40b6a8830cacd026cebd>
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=364ac117f6bc40b6a8830cacd026cebd  to
submit an abstract for the Verbal Art workshop and/or the ALW general
session. This will include

   - your name(s),
   - title of paper,
   - abstract of less than a page
   - your choice of time length: (20, 30 or 40 mins – each including
   discussion time, with Poster presentation and workshops as further options
   ).
   - presenting in general session or Verbal Art workshop

*Deadline: 14 December 2015*

Questions about ALW: coedl at anu.edu.au
Questions about the Verbal Art workshop: jane.simpson at anu.edu.au

Pre-registration

Please also go online HERE
<https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=9836c3ed875546c893bbceaedf67e78f>
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=9836c3ed875546c893bbceaedf67e78f  to
fill out the pre-registration form so we can plan accommodation / catering
bookings. These numbers are to help us work out costs; once we have done
this we will get out a more formal call for registration.l