[RNLD] Re: Australian tongue twisters

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:10:53 UTC 2015

Ingoorrooloorrloorroona noorroo. They were kindling a fire (Bardi)

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Mark < ellentreow at internode.on.net [ellentreow at internode.on.net] > wrote:
murnurrurnurru - mud wasp (onomatopoeic ) - - Nyangumarta
Mark Clendon
+61 8 8388 2584

On 19/06/15 09:21, Nicholas Evans wrote:
My favourite Kayardild one, the word for 'mudskipper':

ṱúrupuɖuyùpuɖu (thurruburduyuburdu in practical orthography)

and 'cuttlefish':

badaɻaraɻar

Nick