[RNLD] Australian tongue twisters

Murray Garde mgarde3 at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 19 00:17:14 UTC 2015

A tongue-twister from Bininj Kunwok (Kuninjku dialect):

ŋaŋaŋʔŋaŋa ŋɛʔŋɛʔ yimeŋ
nganganghnganga ʼngehngehʼ yimeng
The grey-crowned babbler said nge’ nge’.
Includes velar nasals in syllable initial and final positions and in a cluster with a glottal stop.

and another favourite:

dabːorabːolk bɪrɪbitbom bembem bɪrɪbɪmbom
Dabborrabbolk birribidbom bembem birribimbom.
The old people climbed up and painted a sole fish.

Murray Garde