[RNLD] language revitalization

David Valls davidvalls at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:02:33 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I'm (and I live) from Barcelona, Spain. I'm a Catalan and this is also
my native tongue. I'm a linguist (I hold a BA and a MA in linguistics).
My fields of interest are fieldwork, language preservation and language
revitalization among native languages around the world. Not only because
I'm a linguist, but I would say that as a Catalan I have these issues in
my DNA.

In the MA I took among other courses: fieldwork, Topics in Amerindian
linguistics and Austronesian and Papuan languages. My thesis was
entitled: "Evidentials and culture in Native America".

Some years ago I had also obtained an AA Degree in film and Tv
production. I have shot a couple of language related documentaries.
Media and language match very well together. I shot a couple of language
related documentaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-8jwR9Cj68 (you may select English,
German, Frisian or Polish subtitles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCRm6RzxTZ0 (no English subtitles, only
Spanish and Catalan ones)

My goal is to work in any existing research either by taking a PhD with
a grant or in any other more way which allows me to work in this field.
Any ideas?

Best regards to everyone,
David Valls

---
Aquest correu electrònic s'ha verificat mitjançant l'Avast antivirus.