Fwd: [RNLD] collaborative transcription/translation/subtitling

Nick Thieberger thien at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Mar 13 21:30:55 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sally Nicholas <snic002 at aucklanduni.ac.nz>
Date: 8 November 2014 at 10:27
Subject: [RNLD] collaborative transcription/translation/subtitling
To: r-n-l-d at unimelb.edu.au

Kia ora,

Has anyone had any experience with sites like http://www.amara.org/en-gb/
for collaborative transcription/translation/subtitling? I've got two main
goals in mind: sharing the workload and 'proofing'.

I can see potentially trickiness with privacy stuff but aside from that I'd
like to know if anyone has tired it and how well it's worked. Especially
with respect to importing the stuff back into ELAN and etc.

I've tried and had very little success getting people (young and old) to
work with ELAN directly unfortunately :)

cheers

Sally

*PhD Candidate, Te Wānanga o Waipapa, University of Auckland*
*Ph ext 89678*
*Akaperepere'ia Te Reo.*
*Tuatua mai tuatua atu tuatua mai*