Fwd: [RNLD] re: Suggested Mobile Phone Apps

Nick Thieberger thien at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Mar 13 21:49:19 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rozenn Milin <rozenn.milin at yahoo.com>
Date: 1 December 2014 at 10:24
Subject: Re: [RNLD] re: Suggested Mobile Phone Apps
To: Stephen Morey <S.Morey at latrobe.edu.au>, "r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au" <
r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au>

Hi Steven,
The Welsh have done quite a bit of work on language apps. Here is one of
them: http://www.cwrsmynediad.com/
Best,
Rozenn Milin

 ------------------------------
 *De :* Stephen Morey <S.Morey at latrobe.edu.au>
*À :* "r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au" <r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au>
*Envoyé le :* Dimanche 30 novembre 2014 6h01
*Objet :* [RNLD] re: Suggested Mobile Phone Apps

 Dear RNLD list,

 I have relatively recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy III phone, mainly so
that I can discuss with community members the kinds of on-line APPs that we
might be able to use for language development.

 I'm wondering if people have ideas of APPs that I should get, free ones,
to show people what can be done. I have already downloaded MA IWAIDJA so
that will give people a chance to see how a mobile phone dictionary could
work. I'm not very mobile phone savvy, so I haven't searched for other
things yet and wondered whether people have got suggestions of things that
might be appealing to the language communities (in this case on the
India-Myanmar border).

Thanks.

 Stephen

   Stephen Morey
Australian Research Council Future Fellow
Centre for Research on Language Diversity
La Trobe University
 Website:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/humanities/about/staff/profile?uname=SMorey
<http://www.latrobe.edu.au/rclt/StaffPages/morey.htm>