[RNLD] Field equipment

Felicity Meakins f.meakins at uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 18 22:59:34 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I wanted a bit of advice on recording devices and mikes.

I have been using an Edirol R-09 forever which has been fine but they are only minijack input not XLR so I was thinking of changing. The options seem to be:

  1.  Edirol R-26 (+ higher end models) http://proav.roland.com/products/proav_r-26/
  2.  Zoom H-6 (+ higher end models) www.zoom.co.jp/products/field-video-recording/field-recording/h6-handy-recorder<http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/field-video-recording/field-recording/h6-handy-recorder>

Anyway advice would be good. I have heard the preamps in the Zoom are better. This is the kind of difference I would like to know about.

Second, I'm looking at different mikes. I need a wireless set up. I have a really nice Sennheisser set up which I like a lot but there is a RODE alternative that is cheaper. Some filmmakers have recommended it to me but I need an XLR version. Anyone have any advice on that:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1115091-REG/rode_rodlnk_fm_rodelink_wireless_filmmaker_kit.html

Same goes with RODE lapel mikes. I would prefer an XLR set up.

Any advice would be great!

Felicity
FELICITY MEAKINS  | ARC Senior Research Fellow (DECRA) |
Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language (CoEDL)
Linguistics | School of Languages and Cultures | University of Queensland |
Brisbane QLD 4072 | AUSTRALIA
RM 410D | Gordon Greenwood Bldg (32) |
' +61 7 3365 3114 | ' +61 411 404 546 | 7 +61 7 3365 6799 | * f.meakins at uq.edu.au<mailto:f.meakins at uq.edu.au> |
web http://languages-cultures.uq.edu.au/index.html?page=127733&pid=76074