[RNLD] Melbourne Linguistics in the Pub Tuesday 24th November 2015: Here to help? – balancing research aims and community-oriented efforts in the field

Julia Sallabank js72 at soas.ac.uk
Fri Oct 30 09:46:29 UTC 2015

Dear all

An earlier version of Paul Newman's paper is also available online: Newman,
Paul (1998 ):“We has seen the enemy and it is us: The endangered languages
issue as a hopeless cause”
https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/bitstream/handle/2142/11559/SLS1998v28.2-05Newman.pdf?sequence=2

There is a video of a talk by Newman at SOAS in October 2013 on the role of
the linguist at
https://www.soas.ac.uk/linguistics/events/deptseminars/15oct2013-the-law-of-unintended-consequences-how-the-endangered-languages-movement-undermines-field-.html

Best wishes

Julia

--
Dr. Julia Sallabank
Senior Lecturer in Language Support and Revitalisation,

Tel. +44 (0)20 7898 4326

*Office hours 3-4 pm Thursdays.For other appointments please email to
arrange a mutually convenient time.*

*Mercator Research Centre '**Expert of the Month' *for Sept 2015:
http://www.mercator-research.eu/minority-languages/expert-in-the-spotlight/julia-sallabank/

*Giving the annual **Ned Maddrell Lecture *on Saturday, 7th November at St
John's Mill, Isle of Man, 2pm. See
http://learnmanx.com/cms/email_395218.html