[RNLD] Australian Indigenous Languages in the Census

David Nash david.nash at anu.edu.au
Tue Apr 26 07:26:06 UTC 2016

Lesley, take a look at

Jane Simpson. Language as emblem and language as means of communication
CAEPR Seminar, 2013
http://caepr.anu.edu.au/sites/default/files/Seminars/presentations/Simpson_PresentationSlides.pdf

and the references there, in particular

Morphy, Frances, ed. 2007. Agency, contingency and census process:
Observations of the 2006 Indigenous Enumeration Strategy in remote
Aboriginal Australia. Research Monograph 28, CAEPR, ANU
http://www.oapen.org/search?identifier=458796

David