[RNLD] Australian Indigenous Languages in the Census

Nick Thieberger thien at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Apr 26 21:47:52 UTC 2016

Hi Lesley,

Patrick McConvell and I did quite a detailed analysis of census data from
1996 that was meant to be the basis for ongoing 'State of Indigenous
Languages' projects (never carried out due to government policy changes).

State of Indigenous languages in Australia - 2001, Australia State of the
Environment Second Technical Paper Series (Natural and Cultural Heritage),
Department of the Environment and Heritage, Canberra

The report is available here: http://repository.unimelb.edu.au/10187/485

Nick