[RNLD] Fwd: New linguistics lecturer post, University of the South Pacific

Lila San Roque lila.san.roque at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 06:58:15 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: Fwd: New linguistics lecturer post, University of the South Pacific
To: ven at anu.edu.au

The University of the South Pacific is currently advertising a new position
for a lecturer in Linguistics/Applied Linguistics. This is a full-time
position at Laucala Campus (Suva, Fiji), renewable every 3 years by mutual
agreement. We’re looking for someone with a background in EITHER
descriptive linguistics with experience working on one or more Pacific
languages OR applied linguistics with a focus on ELT/TESOL. We hope to be
able to hire two applicants from this round, although only one post is
confirmed at this stage.

We have spent a lot of time rejuvenating and developing our Linguistics and
Applied Linguistics programmes over the last year, and are looking for some
new blood to help us carry this exciting work forward. We are also looking
for someone with a promising publication record (commensurate with their
level of experience), who will continue to build and strengthen our
research capacity in Pacific linguistics and applied linguistics. We are
keen to spread the word to as many people of, in, from and connected to the
South Pacific region as we can.

Deadline: 16 September 2016     Start date: 2 January 2017

Full details are available at https://humanities.academickey
s.com/job/19p0ykjl/Lecturer_in_Linguistics_Applied_Linguistics and informal
queries can be directed to Fiona.willans at usp.ac.fj