[RNLD] Sorosoro is back !

Rozenn Milin rozenn.milin at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 13:59:21 UTC 2016

Dearall, friends of languages ​​and cultural diversity,

 Youhave been in contact in the past, one way or another, with the Sorosoroprogram, a program of documentation and promotion of endangered languages​​around the world.

 Theprogram was created in 2008, and left in abeyance in the beginning of 2012,because of a lack of funding. Thanks to the support of ASLAN (Advanced Studieson Language complextity, University of Lyon 2), and the WOLACO association, wewere able to restart activities in early 2016, at least on the website. We arethus very happy to welcome you on the brand new version of www.sorosoro.org/en Oursite is available in three languages ​​(French, English and Spanish) ; itcontains over 3,000 pages of text, hundreds of videos, the localiztion of5,500 Languages ​​on interactive maps, a quiz, etc. It was completely rebuiltthroughout 2015 : its interface is now more suitable for the generalpublic (entries by continents on the homepage, in particular), but you willalso find there all the scientific data and articles collected over the years.

 Thesite has always been very popular with people from all around the world, itcontinued to be so in the years when it was inactive, and we are counting onyou to spread it around in your own netwroks. Thanks in advance !

 We alsoask you to be patient if you have tried to contact us in recent months :as the site was under reconstruction we were not able to handle all yourmessages, but we will in the coming weeks.

Also,if you want to contribute by sending us articles, or give information about thelanguages ​​you know, do not hesitate to get in touch with us by mail or viathe "contact" tab on the website.

Lastly,we are a small team  of volunteersworking to sustain this program, if you have in your circles people who wouldbe ready to help out (to process all the requests we receive, to ensure thepromotion of the site, etc. .) ... all proposals are welcome!

 Enjoyyour visit on www.sorosoro.org !

Rozenn MilinProgram director