[RNLD] First iOS app launched developed from and powered by Miromaa

Daryn McKenny daryn at acra.org.au
Fri Feb 19 07:20:40 UTC 2016

Some exciting news from us here at Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre :-)

Wemba Wemba Language App now available on app store – developed from and powered by Miromaa

Wow what an exciting time it has been for us, back in November we launched the Miromaa Community Dictionary Maker and this week we are so excited to finally see the first app developed by us publicly launched.

We are extremely proud to have supported the Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages, the Wemba Wemba community of Victoria and Swan Hill Primary School in the release of the first ever app developed from Miromaa.

The ability to produce apps for your language derived from data you have entered into Miromaa is now also available to our Miromaa users.

We are currently working to release further apps powered by Miromaa from North America and Australia which have all been developed from the language documented and digitised from within Miromaa.

Like I have said, what an exciting time!

Read more about the app here:
http://miromaa.org.au/miromaa/apps.html

Read the story behind the Wemba Wemba app here:
http://vaclang.org.au/blog/swan-hill-students-create-wemba-wemba-digital-language-resource.html

Visit the app store to download it here:
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/wemba-wemba-language-introduction/id990116361?mt=8

Please note that whilst you can produce a thousand of your dictionaries free from within Miromaa, developing an app from Miromaa with us does have costs associated with it.  We do feel very strongly that we have produced one of the best valued apps out there. It will not cost you an arm and a leg. Please contact us directly for further information.

More News About the Miromaa Community Dictionary Maker

It has been extremely encouraging to see the excitement by so many people in using the Community Dictionary Maker now available from within Miromaa. To assist you in understanding more about how the MCDM works we have produced this short video where you can see us making a dictionary in 10 very easy steps.

You can watch the video here http://miromaa.org.au/miromaa/dictionary-maker.html

Regards

Daryn McKenny

Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre

P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E |daryn at acra.org.au<applewebdata://37F1573D-FCE2-4015-A5B5-0A6BFB8B41A1/daryn@acra.org.au>  W | www.miromaa.org.au
SKYPE | darynmck

Miromaa Aboriginal Language & Technology Centre respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.