[RNLD] Webinar on Documenting Endangered Languages Program at NSF January 19th

Margaret Florey mflorey at rnld.org
Sun Jan 10 23:29:38 UTC 2016

Dear RNLDers,

Please see the announcement below from Colleen Fitzgerald regarding a
webinar on the DEL program at NSF.
Webinar on Documenting Endangered Languages Program at NSF

A free and accessible webinar is scheduled for January 19, 2016 at 3 pm EST
for the Documenting Endangered Languages Program, which is a joint U.S.
funding initiative led by the National Science Foundation and the National
Endowment for the Humanities.  DEL grants include fellowships, doctoral
dissertation research improvement grants, workshops/conferences, tribal
college-research university collaborations, and standard senior grants.
U.S. based institutions are eligible to apply for these grants; these
include universities, colleges, tribal colleges and universities,
tribal-serving institutions or tribal nations, and non-profit, non-academic
institutions. (Refer to the solicitation for guidelines on individuals
applying for DEL grants.)

The NSF Program Director for Documenting Endangered Languages, Dr. Colleen
Fitzgerald, will lead a webinar  on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 3 pm
Eastern Standard Time for those interested in submitting.  The next
deadline for the program will be September 15, 2016.

This webinar is free and will be archived and accessible later to
participants and others.  Webinar attendees *must* register in advance to
participate; use the meeting number (747878085) and meeting password
(DEL2016webinar!); there is an audio option for those who do not have
sufficient bandwidth for videoconferencing with operator-assisted telephone
at either toll (+1-203-607-0666) and toll-free (+1-877-951-7311) numbers;
the conference host (Colleen Fitzgerald), the password (DEL2016) and an
additional passcode (8164451) are provided here.  Any technical questions
on registration or logging in for the meeting should be made to the WebEX
support team at https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/mc
DEL Webinar Registration and Agenda

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 | 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-05:00)

Conference Leader: Dr. Colleen Fitzgerald, Program Director, Documenting
Endangered Languages

Register at this meeting link:
https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/j.php?MTID=m4efb7ecafb70289ce99729e527427f0d

After your request has been approved, you'll receive instructions for
joining the meeting. If you already registered for this meeting, you do not
need to register again.

*Meeting number: 747 878 085

*Meeting password:  DEL2016webinar!

Can't register? Contact support <https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/mc> at
https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/mc

For an audio connection only, you can join by phone either by using the
WebEX link above and clicking on audio or by calling one of these two phone
numbers, giving the conference leader name, password and the participant
passcode below:

Phone:  +1-877-951-7311 US Toll free or +1-203-607-0666 US Toll

Conference Leader:  Colleen Fitzgerald

Password: DEL2016

Participant passcode: 8164451

*Agenda for the Webinar*

-Overview of the DEL program and eligibility

-Pre-proposal activities and process

-Submissions and proposal processing

-Merit review of proposals

-Intellectual merit

-Broader Impacts

-Making a competitive proposal

-Data Management Plans

-Funding and award issues

-Questions and answers

*Additional DEL resources online *

*DEL Program Page:  http://1.usa.gov/1gryRP9

*Current DEL solicitation:
http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2015/nsf15567/nsf15567.htm

*DEL FAQs:  http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf15116.

*List of recent awards: http://1.usa.gov/1O3cQGy

*DEL Outreach Video Series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx12labZqbzGbA0rQU0xg5cMzz9rp_dqY

--
Dr Margaret Florey
DRIL Director

I am usually available in the office Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and
Fridays except when I am travelling to deliver DRIL training workshops
<http://t.co/xulmFjTlmt>

*Contact details*

ph: +61 (03) 9077-9500 (office)
mob: 0488 086 031
skype: RNLDorg

*Postal address*
Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity
Box 9
19-21 Argyle Place South
Carlton, Victoria 3053
Australia

*Street address*
Suite 3, Level 1
19-21 Argyle Place South
Carlton, Victoria 3053

www.rnld.org
ABN 24 215 634 040

*RNLD proudly supports the Racism.it stops with me campaign  *
itstopswithme.humanrights.gov.au <http://t.co/xulmFjTlmt>@*ItStopsWithMe*
<https://twitter.com/ItStopsWithMe>

I pay my respects and acknowledgments to all Traditional Custodians on
whose land I live, work and travel through