[RNLD] Seven Language Apps created by Miromaa have now been released for iOS

Daryn McKenny daryn at acra.org.au
Thu Mar 17 22:18:23 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to share that we have released our 7th App for traditional languages.  All of these languages have been documented within Miromaa over the last 3 years and after extensive work by the communities themselves have taken the next step of producing an App.

We of course are so excited that we have helped them continue to use technology to support their language endeavours.

6 of these Apps are of languages from the west coast of USA, 1 is from Victoria Australia.  More are coming as the language teams continue to work hard documenting languages into Miromaa and of course prepping for their App.

Within these Apps are single words, phrases and songs.

Please have a look and share amongst others.  One of the great features within all of these apps is that you can go to Spotlight on your device, enter a word and Spotlight will return a result of that search from all of your Miromaa based language Apps. Try it!

Here are the Apps and their links:

bahtssal Language - Introduction
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bahtssal-language-introduction/id1042672976?mt=8

Central Pomo Language - Introduction
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/central-pomo-language-introduction/id1059590917?mt=8

kanwin ṱamal Language Phrases - Introduction
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kanwin-tamal-language-phrases/id1059591558?mt=8

kanwin ṱamal Language Words – Introduction
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kanwin-tamal-language-words/id1059597999?mt=8

Northern Pomo Language – Introduction
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/northern-pomo-language-introduction/id1068309062?mt=8

Southern Pomo Language – Introduction
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/southern-pomo-language-introduction/id1068309066?mt=8

Wemba Wemba Language – Introduction
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/wemba-wemba-language-introduction/id990116361?mt=8

You can read more about our Apps here:
http://miromaa.org.au/miromaa/apps.html

Regards

Daryn

Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre

P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E |daryn at acra.org.au<applewebdata://37F1573D-FCE2-4015-A5B5-0A6BFB8B41A1/daryn@acra.org.au>  W | www.miromaa.org.au
SKYPE | darynmck

Miromaa Aboriginal Language & Technology Centre respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.